Error: Error 0x1C5 (453): Can't find DLL entry point usb_open_by_id in libusb0.dll
This error means that another device installed a DLL that is conflicting with the device driver for the StealthSwitch3.
- One of the unique features of the StealthSwitch3 is that once programmed, all settings are stored in the hardware itself. Install the StealthSwitch3 software on another computer and program the StealthSwitch3. Now, just plug the StealthSwitch3 into any computer and it will work. (Can program SS3 with XP, Vista, Win7, Win8, Win10, or Mac OSX.)
- Go to the C:windowsSysWOW64 folder and find the file named
"libusb0.dll". It should have a date code of 09/10/2007. If it doesn't,
then rename the file to libusb0.org (.org for original).
- Copy the libusb0.dll file (below) to c:windowsSysWOW64
- Right click on the shortcut for the Configurator program, go to
properties, then compatibility tab and set to run as administrator.
- Open the Configurator and press the program button. If it says
"failed to program", you can either re-boot your computer or this shortcut
should work - unplug the SS3, wait 15 seconds and plug back in to the SAME
- Press program again and it should work.
NOTE: This only has to be done once to install the correct drivers.